Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wake-Up Calls

That sleeping-through-the-night thing? Didn't happen. There were two: one at 10:43 and the other at 1:25 when he kicked me in the head for the sixth time. Since there were no tears at bedtime tonight (probably due to a late and fabulous Chipotle dinner) and I gave him a dose of Tylenol, I'm confident that I will be sleeping through the night tonight. At least I think I'm confident...

It used to be that when I got to daycare, Robbie would open the door, smile at me, and run away. He wanted little (if anything) to do with leaving his friends and going home. After all, things are so much more interesting in Chinese than in our bland English-speaking home. He would kick and scream as I put his jacket on, picked him up, and carried him to the door. It really did a lot for my ego after a long day at work...

Something changed over Thanksgiving. All of a sudden, Robbie is excited to see me when I come to get him from daycare. He opens the door, smiles at me, and gives my legs a big hug. He stands still while I put his coat on. And (maybe this part is my imagination), he nearly leaps into my arms to go, giving his friends a big "I-love-my-mom-so-much-and-I-can't-wait-to-go-home-and-play-with-her" grin as we go out the door.

And, with a dance party like we had at home, who can blame him?

No comments:

Post a Comment