Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Glitter, Glitter Everywhere!

It's that time of year again: Christmas card making... Every year I tell myself that I'm going to get them started early; I'm not going to be stressed out about them the third week in December. But then October seems so early. And I feel like I'm rushing things if I start in November. So, once again, here we are in the third week of December.

You'll notice I said Christmas card "making", not "signing". Not to ruin the anticipation for anyone on my Christmas card list, but... We have a stack of penguins this year. I swore I wasn't going to color, but the penguins didn't look cute with a black body, black eyes, black lips, and black feet... So, I colored and stamped 288 penguins. And glitterized 96 icebergs, which one of the cats is now walking on.

There's still some work to do. I need to stamp "Happy Christmas" or "Happy Wishes" or "Christmas Wishes" (I am refusing "Happy Christmas Wishes" because that's an extra 96 stamping motions), and I have to attach the front of the card to the rest of the card. Justin signed them all for us (Justin, Erin, and Rob, since "Robbie" was too much to write 96 times). Oh, and the envelopes have to be addressed.

Thank God Robbie goes to bed early. It's the only shot I have at getting this done. And they have to go out by Friday to make it before Christmas. Plus, there are presents to be wrapped and cookies to be baked. I love the holidays! I love the holidays! I love the holidays! Someone pass the hot chocolate, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment