Monday, December 27, 2010

Tangled

We took Robbie to his first real movie today. I say "real" movie because he saw The Hangover when he was two weeks old and Avatar when he was five months old. But today was the real deal: Tangled at the Movie Tavern. And it was a fail. Not an epic fail, but a fail nonetheless.

Robbie was bored with all of the "no talking/no cell phone" portions, but he immediately became entranced when the previews came on. He stayed that way until about thirty minutes into the movie. That was when the real fun began. Robbie started yelling, "Hi!" every few seconds. And then he started his loud fussing. Thus ended any attempt I was going to make to actually watch the movie.

Now, even though I said the afternoon at the movie was a fail, that just meant for me. For Robbie, it was probably one of the best afternoons of his life. He ran up and down the hallway. He met all the people working in the theatre. He busted into different movies. He ran up and down the aisles in an empty theatre and managed to conquer going down stairs. It was an ultimate win.

I don't think I'll have enough energy to try taking him to a movie until at least spring break. But, since we're going to be on vacation then, I think I'll be able to get away without taking him until at least Memorial Day weekend. And even then, only if there's something good out.

No comments:

Post a Comment