Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve

Normally, I would get a little introspective on New Year's Eve, reflecting on the past year. But I forgot to do that this year. Instead, I've had five glasses of wine. I had planned a pretty intense entry for tonight, but I think that's going to have to wait until tomorrow night. After a nine hour car drive. In a hotel room... Hmm... Maybe I should try to pull something together tonight.

I don't normally like New Year's Eve. It's a time to panic about everything that you didn't accomplish during the past year. And time to worry about what you're going to do to celebrate a chance to start all over again. But tonight, I'm spending it with my husband and best friend. Justin is currently singing (and performing hand gestures) to "I Want It That Way". It's no Times Square (Louisa and i did that in 1999/2000). But it's getting me ready to start 2011 on the right foot. And, trust me, I want it that way...

OK. Enough bad puns. I'll get reflective tomorrow. Promise. I need it more for me than for you. Not that you aren't valuable. Oh, boy. I think I need another glass of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment