Monday, December 20, 2010

Unprepared

My entire day today can be summed up in one word: unprepared. Unprepared for how crazy the kids would be at school. Unprepared for snow on the ground (I was wearing flats with no socks). Unprepared for all the work left to do before leaving for Kentucky. Unprepared.

I accomplished a lot today. I graded half my email inbox (the best way for kids to turn in assignments, by the way). I made my way through most of the papers on my desk. I got all the snowflakes my students made hung (there's nothing like seeing grown boys cut snowflakes and then get competitive about it, unless it's watching inner-city boys do this). I got the house picked up. I rolled, cut, baked, and decorated 90 sugar cookies. I started a load of laundry to ensure clean clothes tomorrow (the pants I'm currently wearing have been pulled from the hamper three times). And now? Now I am tired. But I thought you'd like to know how my day went.

There was a highlight to this crazy Monday. When we got home, there was about half an inch of snow on the ground. I set Robbie down on the porch to open the door, and he realized he was standing on something difference. He did a little dance on the porch and watched the snow move under his feet. I can't wait to see him the first time he really gets to play in it.

And now I'm off to finish my day of unpreparation (is that even a word) with a hot shower and a comfortable bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment