Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Snow, Ice, Sleet, and Rain

It should have been a snow day. It totally should have been called. But, it wasn't. And it's one less day I have to go to school in June. That being said... The driving was absolutely atrocious today. It took me an hour and a half to get to work. That was nothing compared to Justin's commute. He never made it to work. After five hours in the car. And another two to get back home.

I have no idea how all the teachers in the world knew about the snow storm but no one in charge of snow removal knew. It baffles me. And you'd think they would have figured it out by 2:25 this afternoon when I left work. Nope. Slush and ice and snow everywhere. From the time I left work to the time I arrived (including a daycare pick-up), another hour and a half had passed. But, we made it safely.

While we were on our way home, Justin got to work shoveling (he really is the perfect husband!). Unfortunately, his bad day just continued to get worse (I don't think I can post his actual explanation for the day). He tried to pull the car all the way in the driveway, and it got stuck. Majorly stuck. Stuck to the point where it has battle wounds from the escape - scratches all over the driver's side. I don't particularly think it's terrible, but Justin's pretty upset about it.

Knowing he'd be upset, Robbie and I practiced, "Daddy, I love you." It came out, "Da-ee, I you." But, hey, it's a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment