Monday, January 17, 2011

Grapes of Robbie


Robbie has gone through so many fruits: bananas, apples, and oranges. He over-indulges in them, eating them any time he gets the opportunity to. And then he burns out and doesn't want them any more. I noticed last week that he seemed just about finished with the orange stage, and today he discovered his replacement food. Grapes.


I gave Robbie some grapes with his dinner last night, and he seemed to like them well enough. Only half of them wound up on the floor. I thought I'd try again this morning, and, as soon as he finished his bowl of grapes and oyster crackers, he brought it to me, urging, "More!" He finished the entire bag of grapes.


At the grocery store, I bought more grapes (and apples and bananas). I didn't think much about it until we got home, and I started putting everything away once we got home. I turned around, and there he was. In front of the refrigerator. Opening the fruit bin. Grabbing grapes and shoving them in his mouth. He turned around when I called his name in surprise and just grinned. And then he offered me a grape.

1 comment:

  1. Isaiah absolutely LOVES fruit, too! Especially grapes. Some other fruits he loves are cherries (it's a pain to pit them, but they're so good!), strawberries, and peaches. Our boys are growing so fast!!

    ReplyDelete