Monday, September 13, 2010

Miscellaneous

I realized something important at breakfast this morning. We had cinnamon rolls. You know, the Pillsbury kind? Where you put your own icing on? The best breakfast invention in the world? When I was growing up, it seemed like we always ran short on icing, which was the best part. However, with a baby in the house, I don't put icing on his cinnamon rolls. That's just entirely too messy, and, particularly in the morning, I don't have time to stick him in the bathtub. So, the kid doesn't get icing. You know what that means! Justin and I don't run out of icing for our own cinnamon rolls.

My friend Jane and I went for a run tonight - more accurately, we went for an injury-inducing adventure. Jane and I started off running well enough until an 80-pound, pure-muscle, maniac of a dog came barreling towards us. Now, in all honesty, I know that the dog was probably coming to play with Barkley. However, there's no telling how Barkley would react to this mad beast tearing down the road at him, especially if Barkley is on a leash and the other dog isn't. Let's also add to it that the dog had the biggest choke collar on that I have ever seen.

At the last minute, the dog veered off to the left, taking out Jane. Right at the knee. Broke her right out of her run. And where was the owner? Doing the fake "Oh-I-need-to-act-like-I'm-trying-to-catch-my-dog" run. She barely broke out of a walk, and her dog continued on his path of destruction, searching out the elderly and small children. The owner hardly apologized! Can you imagine? If Barkley had nearly taken out a jogger, I would have fallen all over myself trying to apologize. But, I'm also not from Massachusetts. I'm a Kentucky girl, and we like to at least try to make people feel better.

And now I must leave you to finish getting caught up on Jersey Shore with Justin. He hasn't seen an episode all season, and he's nearly fallen off the couch three times laughing. I can't miss any more of Snooki's one-liners.

No comments:

Post a Comment