Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fireworks

Robbie saw his first fireworks show tonight, and it was as magical as I'd hoped it would be. Granted, this was Arlington Town Night instead of the Magic Kingdom. But that doesn't really matter. What matters is that Robbie got "the look."

You know the one I'm talking about, right? You've seen it. Where the eyes glaze over, and you're totally in a trance. That's one of my favorite parts about fireworks - watching people watch fireworks. Everyone looks like a kid.

It was an amazing experience watching fireworks with Robbie for the first time. I got to say, "Look, a green one!" and "Wasn't that the most beautiful one yet?" And you know what? I really meant it. It was like I saw the fireworks for the first time.

I think that's the best part about being a mom; I love seeing life through a fresh set of eyes. Fireworks, brass bands, fire trucks, and trains. I've seen these things hundreds of times but never like I have through Robbie's eyes. Everything is shiny and new and amazing. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all see the world this way every day? I think I'm going to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment