Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Sense of Humor

I know I've probably said this before, but where did my baby go? He doesn't seem to be anywhere in my house! Much to Robbie's delight, I keep looking for him. Usually with Robbie thrown over my shoulder. He squeals with delight when I turn around looking for him, tickled that he really is hiding from me. But, when Robbie decides it's time for me to "find" him, he taps me. It's like he's saying, "Mom! I'm right here! See?"

Tonight I had Robbie playing in his room while I put away his laundry. I thought everything was going well. Until I heard the gate click. I turned around to see Robbie standing on the other side of the gate in his bedroom door, laughing. He had locked me in his room! And thought it was hysterical. As soon as he saw me turn around, Robbie dropped to the ground and started to crawl away frantically. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry myself. It was, quite possibly, the funniest thing I have ever seen him do, but I don't feel like he should be big enough to be playing jokes like that on me.

Robbie crawls around the floor with a phone held to his ear. He stands by himself, eating animal crackers and watching TV. He knows what he wants and how to get it. Robbie has conversations with us and laughs at the right time when someone tells a joke. We don't know what he's saying, and he doesn't have any idea what he's laughing about. But, I guess that's how most of us get through life at one point or another. We just laugh at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment