Sunday, August 8, 2010

Say "Cheese!"


Although we're a little late, Justin and I took Robbie to get his one-year pictures made this afternoon. We are exhausted! We might have fared better if Robbie had slept last night, but he was up at 1:00 and needed a bottle and a half of milk to go back to sleep. Maybe that's what I should have had, too, because I tossed and turned until Robbie woke up again at 7:00. Luckily, my kind and loving husband took Robbie downstairs for some man time and let me get an extra hour and a half of sleep. Even so, I'm finding that taking on a full day of everything Robbie has to offer requires a solid night's sleep.

Even though I awoke to some sort of screaming (how else would I hear it through a closed door and noisy air conditioner), Justin assured me everything had been fine while I was asleep. Judging by how fast Robbie leapt into my arms (while Justin was still holding him), I'm not so sure that the boys' definitions of "fine" are the same. But, both were in one piece, and I'll take that for an extra ninety minutes of sleep. Don't judge; you know you feel the same way!

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiauwuuWuOdHEK5-5hpwrrPLWjqaQds3l81E2R4gzM4BkIp1kHli3RLurM53WCD7GZMAALBfFddNQk4uRJi5JVEBBcN0wGPllCxgGOj4madGwBgGN4LcaM1O6ZI_4QMNxgO1AvSplrpq5o/s1600/8550a66f-ee14-44f8-834c-c2a86744f16fw.jpg">

After Robbie's nap it was time to head to the Everett Target and the mass of humanity that had taken over the parking lot. We managed to survive crazy drivers and stupid pedestrians to get to the photo studio. Incidentally, who stops in a lane of traffic in front of a busy Target on a Sunday afternoon to rifle through their bags? We were quite a site struggling through the parking lot, wriggling baby and photo props in tow. We figured Robbie needed something to keep him occupied for the pictures and brought his rocket, Buzz Lightyear, Woody, and some books. I've never actually taken toys into a Target; it feels wrong somehow.

Robbie was a totally different kid for this photo session... A mobile one. Thank goodness we had the toys; I think those are the only reason we survived. Robbie was all over the place! Crawling to get behind the backdrop, grabbing for the camera that we couldn't replace if he broke it, making a dash for the door to escape the camera. It was a rough day of being adorable. I stood near Robbie to catch him before he tried to jet, and Justin positioned himself behind the photographer, doing a monkey dance and making sounds I never want to try to duplicate. But, at the end of it all, we had some priceless pictures.

Robbie broke down as we left the store, and Justin lamented about how exhausted he was. I asked if he still thought I didn't work during the summer, and the defeated man just shook his head, muttering, "I don't know how you do it. I just don't know." Finally! Vindication! And, I have to be honest, I don't know how all the stay at home moms do it. You have my total respect. I get to go back to work in three weeks, and, to be totally honest, I'm so relieved!

1 comment: