Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow, Snow, Go Away!

More snow... Shocking, since it's a Tuesday and not a Wednesday. I haven't had a full week of school since 13 December. That's almost two months. It's absolutely killing me. And tomorrow is another day at home. With Justin. And Robbie. And nowhere to escape, other than the basement. But that would require doing laundry.

Lawrence closed down early this afternoon, so I headed straight to daycare. It took just over an hour to get there, but I was still an hour early. I rang the doorbell (forgetting that I was early and kids were still napping; luckily, I was spared the wrath of Zhining). I heard feet running toward the door, and a little voice calling, "Mama! Mama! Mama!" And those little feet and that little voice belonged to my child! He knew I was coming for him!

Then I heard Zhining say, "No, QiQi. Not Mama. To early."

Robbie, undaunted, continued calling, "Mama! Mama! Mama!" all the way to the door, with Zhining still trying to convince him that I wasn't there yet. The look on his face when he pulled the door open and actually saw me standing there was priceless. So was the look of surprise on Zhining's face!

No comments:

Post a Comment