Saturday, February 12, 2011

Quality Time

This has been a crazy semester, and it's only February... Justin's taking nine hours and involved in study groups; we hardly see him during the week. And when he has a weekend class? Forget about it.

That's why today was set aside for quality time. Yes, I forced my poor husband to spend an entire day with me. I'm not sure we were ever more than twenty feet apart. Well, other than when I left for my Jenny Craig weigh-in (2.5 pounds this week and 18.2 in six weeks!).

We started the day off with a trip to Haverhill to drop Robbie off with my friend Amy. She and her husband graciously agreed to watch Robbie while Justin and I ran (OK, OK... Half walked) a 5K in Salisbury. We spent an hour in the car each way. And my poor husband stayed with me for the entire race. He could have run it and been finished in half an hour. But, no. He stayed with me, encouraging me. Even though I yelled at him. I was so mad at myself for not doing as well as I thought I should have. We crossed the finish line at 44:30. In my defense, I've been trying to increase my speed and not focusing on my distance. Oh, and the last mile of the race was on the beach, which meant running on the sand. Terrible.

Despite my yelling at him, Justin was supportive and agreed to spend the rest of the day with me. We cleaned up the house, watched TV, played with Robbie. The stuff Saturdays are made of. That's what Justin kept telling me as I struggled down the beach.

Tonight was our romantic night out. We cashed in some massage credits at Massage Envy and then tried to make it to a movie in Lexington. Apparently, though, they lock the doors to the theatre once the movie starts. So, no movie for us. That left plenty of time for coffee, since our dinner reservations weren't for another two hours.

I've sometimes worried that Justin and i will run out of things to talk about. At what point will we know everything? When will all the interesting topics be exhausted? I was glad to learn that it wasn't tonight. It felt so good to get out of the house and just be together. Enjoy each other's company. Talk about anything and everything.

Yes, there are times my husband drives me up the wall. Like when he fed Barkley the filet I brought home for him and took all the credit for it. But I'm so fortunate to still be so in love with him. And even more fortunate that he's still so in love with me.

And, I know this is a silly request... If you read the blog regularly, please feel free to become a follower. I'd love to know who's reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment