Friday, October 15, 2010

Weekends

When Justin tells me he has to go away for the weekend, I put on a pretty convincing act of being irritated and disappointed that he won't be around. My secret? I'm actually happy to have a little time alone. I can't let him know that, of course. But, it's important to have some time to get big projects one. Like that big cleaning spree I decided to was such a good idea earlier in the week...

The good news is that our room, Robbie's room, the bathroom, the kitchen, the living room, and the downstairs closets are clean and organized. The bad news? I'm not sure that there really is any. Other than the fact that it's 11:30 and I'm still awake. And there are still three bags and one big box left to go through in the dining room. And that I decided to ignore the chest full of Justin's things in the guest room and his closet. But I'm pretty comfortable with those decisions.

I know I can sleep well tonight (provided Robbie doesn't wake up in the middle of the night) and knock out the rest of it tomorrow. Then it will be time to reward myself with two episodes of Hoarders. After all, I've proven that I'm not one by getting rid of three bags of trash, doing all my laundry, and donating enough stuff to fill up my Jeep. I have a hard time watching the show if I have closets filled to the brim.

So now it's time for a well-deserved sleep. And I have the entire bed to myself. This is going to be fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment