Sunday, October 24, 2010

Appreciating TIme...

A former colleague of mine lost his daughter last week, and that's really been on my mind. I can't imagine the pain he and his family must be going through right now. It's one of my biggest fears. I know Robbie will make a lot of mistakes in his life, and I know there are going to be things that go wrong. I pray every night that none of it is irreversible because I cannot imagine my life without that little man in it.

We let every day pass, sometimes barely getting through it until bedtime. We do mundane things. I put Robbie in the Pack 'n Play to clean the house instead of playing with him and waiting until he is asleep to do it. I turn on the TV to get a few minutes of quiet. I pass him off to Justin for bath time. I don't always appreciate the time that I have with my baby. And I need to.

I don't want to look back years from now and feel like I wasted precious time with Robbie. That's part of why I blog every day. I want to be able to remember even the little things, like the first time he gave me a kiss or what he looked like for Halloween. So, please, hug your children extra hard tonight. Look in on them a little longer when you check on them before you go to bed. And spend a few extra minutes playing. I've heard that the dishes can wait, and I'm going to see if it's actually true.

No comments:

Post a Comment