Monday, June 13, 2011

Sleep...


I don't really remember what a good night's sleep feels like... I haven't had one in so long. For the last two nights, Robbie has woken up screaming in the middle of the night. I actually think he's having nightmares; when I go into his room tears are streaming down his face. He gloms onto me, afraid to let go it seems.

Unfortunately, he hasn't been able to put himself back to sleep for the past two nights. Of course, it might have something to do with the fact that we had company and I was somewhat reticent to ruin Louisa's night of sleep as well. (Occasionally, I have some manners). This resulted in a toddler occupying a seemingly larger percentage than he should have.

It sounds sweet, you know? Cuddling with a little boy, relishing perhaps a tiny bit of baby smell. Let me assure you. It is not. Particularly when he snores. Sure, it's not the rafter-shaking snores Justin can produce. But it's definitely not the quiet mewings of a new baby. As I'm trying to relax, it just reminds me that my time with a precious baby is quickly fading. And that, sooner rather than later, he will become a real boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment